Why choose Obenauf's?
- Obenauf’s Leather Oil and Heavy Duty LP are true natural preservatives. No harmful softeners nor sealers that damage leather.
- Our Beeswax/Propolis Suspension Formula provides a time release lubrication of natural oils over an extended period of time.
- Propolis is an anti-bacterial tree resin, collected by honeybees to waterproof and disinfect their hives. It provides a natural barrier against chemicals (salt & body acids), mold, mildew and bacteria.
- Our Beeswax/Propolis blend will repel water better and longer than other water repellants.
- Obenauf’s continually receives highest ratings in extensive field tests by outdoorsmen and outfitters.
The Leather Research Laboratory rated Obenauf’s #1 Overall in 9 different comparative tests with other products.
- Resistance to perspiration
- Dynamic water penetration
- Static water penetration
- Scuffing and abrasion
- Premature cracking
- Stitch tear
- Mold and mildew
- Parching due to heat
Why is Leather Care Important?
Leather is a skin, with fibers that need natural oils, and pores that need to breathe!
- Water, wind, sun, and dry air accelerate dehydration of leather.
- Everyday wear causes cracking, scuffing, stitch tear and sometimes dry rot.
- Color and appearance of leather fades with sun,age, and wear.
- Mold, mildew, and bacteria grow when leather is damp.
What are the Benefits of Proper Leather Care?
Service Life—Extending the life of any leather item with a true preservative is a wise investment.
Comfort—Leather items are softer & flexible when restored with the best, natural oils.
Durability—Leather is strong & resilient, provided it is nourished and protected to keep it from cracking.
Economical—Your greatest benefit is enjoying your favorite boots longer than before.
Ease the ‘Break-In’ Time—New boots hurt your feet! Treat 'em right out of the box to reduce or eliminate the break-in period.